- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (94%), Sheep: (88%), Rabbit: (82%), Pig: (82%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Transthyretin antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human Transthyretin.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of Transthyretin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Transthyretin antibody can be used for detection of Transthyretin by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-101 - Human Lung Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 15 kDa
Observed: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Transthyretin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Transthyretin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Transthyretin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TTR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Transthyretin Antibody: CTS, CTS1, PALB, TBPA, HEL111, HsT2651, Transthyretin, ATTR
- Protein Accession Number: P02766
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 136464
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7276
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Transthyretin Antibody: Transthyretin is a tetrameric carrier protein that transports thyroid hormones in the plasma and cerebrospinal fluid, and retinol (vitamin A) in the plasma. More than 80 different mutations in this gene have been reported; most mutations are related to amyloid deposition, affecting predominantly peripheral nerve and/or the heart. The diseases caused by mutations include familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy, euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia, amyloidotic vitreous opacities, cardiomyopathy, oculoleptomeningeal amyloidosis, meningocerebrovascular amyloidosis, and carpal tunnel syndrome. It has also been suggested that Transthyretin plays an important role in the maintenance of normal cognitive processes during aging, neuropeptide processing and nerve regeneration. It has also been linked to several pathological conditions including Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, and depression.
- 1: Fleming CE, Nunes AF, and Sousa MM. Transthyretin: more than meets the eye. Prog. Neurobiol.2009; 89:266-76.
- 2: Fleming CE, Saraiva MJ, and Sousa MM. Transthyretin enhances nerve regeneration. J. Neurochem. 2007; 103:831-9.
- 3: Rite I, Arguelles S, Venero JL, et al. Proteomic identification of biomarkers in the cerebrospinal fluid in a rat model of nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration. J. Neurosci. Res. 2007; 85:3607-18.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5157
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin