- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This TOP2A/Topo? antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 1434-1461 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human TOP2A/Topo?.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 174 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TOP2A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DNA topoisomerase 2-alpha, DNA topoisomerase II, alpha isozyme, TOP2A, TOP2
- Protein Accession Number: P11388
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13959709
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7153
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a DNA topoisomerase, an enzyme thatcontrols and alters the topologic states of DNA duringtranscription. This nuclear enzyme is involved in processes such aschromosome condensation, chromatid separation, and the relief oftorsional stress that occurs during DNA transcription andreplication. It catalyzes the transient breaking and rejoining oftwo strands of duplex DNA which allows the strands to pass throughone another, thus altering the topology of DNA. Two forms of thisenzyme exist as likely products of a gene duplication event. Thegene encoding this form, alpha, is localized to chromosome 17 andthe beta gene is localized to chromosome 3. The gene encoding thisenzyme functions as the target for several anticancer agents and avariety of mutations in this gene have been associated with thedevelopment of drug resistance. Reduced activity of this enzyme mayalso play a role in ataxia-telangiectasia.
- 1: Vranic, S., et al. Hum. Pathol. 41(11):1617-1623(2010)
- 2: Chen, H., et al. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 34(9):1250-1257(2010)
- 3: Ye, J., et al. Cell 142(2):230-242(2010)
- 4: Rossi, E., et al. Histopathology 57(1):81-89(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-309
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.