- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (94%), Bovine: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TOLLIP antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human TOLLIP.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TOLLIP.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TOLLIP antibody can be used for the detection of TOLLIP by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL and immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1208 - THP-1 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-008 - THP-1 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: TOLLIP Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TOLLIP Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TOLLIP antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TOLLIP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TOLLIP Antibody: IL-1RAcPIP, Toll-interacting protein
- Protein Accession Number: AAH18272
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17390641
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54472
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TOLLIP Antibody: Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are evolutionarily conserved pattern-recognition molecules resembling the toll proteins that mediate antimicrobial responses in Drosophila. These proteins recognize different microbial products during infection and serve as an important link between the innate and adaptive immune responses. The TLRs act through adaptor molecules to activate various kinases and transcription factors so the organism can respond to potential infection. These adaptor molecules include TOLLIP, MyD88, and TRIF. TOLLIP associates directly with TLR2 and TLR 4, acting as an inhibitor to TLR activation. This negative regulation of TLR signaling may serve to limit the production of proinflammatory mediators during infection and inflammation.
- 1: Takeda K, Kaisho T, and Akira S. Toll-like receptors. Annu. Rev. Immunol.2003; 21:335-76.
- 2: Janeway CA Jr. and Medzhitov R. Innate immune recognition. Annu. Rev. Immunol.2002; 20:197-216.
- 3: McGettrick AF and O'Neill LAJ. The expanding family of MyD88-like adaptors in Toll-like receptor signal transduction. Mol. Imm.2004; 41:577-82.
- 4: Zhang G and Ghosh S. Negative regulation of Toll-like receptor-mediated signaling by Tollip. J. Biol. Chem.2002; 277:7059-65.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3741
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin