- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: TNPO3 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human TNPO3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 220 - 270 of TNPO3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TNPO3 antibody can be used for detection of TNPO3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 95, 101 kDa
Observed: 96 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TNPO3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TNPO3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TNPO3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNPO3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TNPO3 Antibody: IPO12, TRNSR, LGMD1F, MTR10A, TRN-SR, TRN-SR2, IPO12, Transportin-3, Importin-12, Imp12
- Protein Accession Number: EAW83708
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119604114
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23534
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TNPO3 Antibody: TNPO3 is a member of the importin beta/transportin family of nuclear import receptors and is specific for the essential splicing factors termed SR proteins, binding specifically and directly to the arginine/serine (RS)-rich domains of these proteins. Further experiments demonstrated that this interaction occurs only when these RS domains are phosphorylated. More recently, TNPO3 was identified as an HIV dependency factor (HDF) and that depletion of TNPO3 resulted in HIV inhibition after reverse transcription but before integration, suggesting that TNPO3 may be an important drug target in HIV treatment. At least three isoforms of TNPO3 are known to exist.
- 1: Kataoka N, Bachorik JL and Dreyfuss G. Transportin-SR, a nuclear import receptor for SR proteins. J. Cell Biol.1999; 145:1145-52.
- 2: Lai M-C, Lin R-I, Huang S-Y, et al. A human importin-b family protein, transportin-SR2, interacts with the phosphorylated RS domain of SR proteins. J. Biol. Chem.2000; 275:7950-7.
- 3: Brass AL, Dykxhoorn DM, Benita Y, et al. Identification of host proteins required for HIV infection through a functional genomic screen. Science2008; 319:921-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4599
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin