- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MLRSSSQNSS DKPVAHVVAN HQVEEQLEWL SQRANALLAN GMDLKDNQLV VPADGLYLVY SQVLFKGQGC PDYVLLTHTV SRFAISYQEK VNLLSAVKSP CPKDTPEGAE LKPWYEPIYL GGVFQLEKGD QLSAEVNLPK YLDFAESGQV YFGVIAL
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by the cytolysis of murine L929 cells in the presence of Actinomyocin D. The expected ED50 is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Tnf
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Tumor Necrosis Factor, TNFSF2, Cachectin, Differentiation-inducing factor (DIF), Necrosin, Cytotoxin
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 21926
- TNF-α is a pleiotropic pro-inflammatory cytokine secreted by various cells, including adipocytes, activated monocytes, macrophages, B cells, T cells and fibroblasts. It belongs to the TNF family of ligands, and signals through two receptors, TNFR1 and TNFR2. TNF-α is cytotoxic to a wide variety of tumor cells, and is an essential factor in mediating the immune response against bacterial infections. TNF-α also plays a role in the induction of septic shock, autoimmune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation, and diabetes. Human and murine TNF-α demonstrate significant cross-species reactivity. TNF-α exists in two forms; a type II transmembrane protein, and a mature soluble protein. The TNF-α transmembrane protein is proteolitically cleaved to yield a soluble, biologically active, 17 kDa TNF-α, which forms a non-covalently linked homotrimer in solution. Recombinant Murine TNF-α is a soluble 157 amino acid protein (17.3 kDa) which corresponds to C-terminal extracellular domain of the full length transmembrane protein.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-761
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $205.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin