- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Cat, Dog, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- IMMUNOGEN: Amino acids 115-130 of the human protein was used as the immunogen for this anti-TNF alpha antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 2-4 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the anti-TNF-alpha antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Tris Buffer with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Tumor necrosis factor, Cachectin, TNF-alpha, Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2, TNF-a, Tumor necrosis factor, membrane form, N-terminal fragment, NTF, Intracellular domain 1, ICD1, Intracellular domain 2, ICD2, C-domain 1, C-domain 2, Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form, TNF, TNFA, TNFSF2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7124
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha (TNF alpha) is a protein secreted by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages, and causes tumor necrosis when injected into tumor bearing mice. TNF alpha is believed to mediate pathogenic shock and tissue injury associated with endotoxemia. TNF alpha exists as a multimer of two, three, or five non-covalently linked units, but shows a single 17kDa band following SDS PAGE under non-reducing conditions. TNF alpha is closely related to the 25kDa protein Tumor Necrosis Factor beta (lymphotoxin), sharing the same receptors and cellular actions. TNF alpha causes cytolysis of certain transformed cells, being synergistic with interferon gamma in its cytotoxicity. Although it has little effect on many cultured normal human cells, TNF alpha appears to be directly toxic to vascular endothelial cells. Other actions of TNF alpha include stimulating growth of human fibroblasts and other cell lines, activating polymorphonuclear neutrophils and osteoclasts, and induction of interleukin 1, prostaglandin E2 and collagenase production. TNF alpha is currently being evaluated in treatment of certain cancers and AIDS Related Complex.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-172
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin