- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Monkey (100%); Gorilla (100%); Cat (92%).
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-TMPRSS2 antibody (9569) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 12 amino acids near the carboxyl terminus of human TMPRSS2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TMPRSS2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 2 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunofluorescence in human, mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 – Human Testis Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-003 – A549 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 54kD
Observed: 54 kD
- ISOFORMS: Human TMPRSS2 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (492aa, 54kD) and isoform 2 (529aa, 57.7kD). Mouse TMPRSS2 has 1 isoform (490aa, 54kD). Rat TMPRSS2 has one isoform (490aa, 53kD). 9569 can detect TMPRSS2 in human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: TMPRSS2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TMPRSS2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TMPRSS2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMPRSS2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TMPRSS2 Antibody: Transmembrane protease serine 2, Serine protease 10, PRSS10, Transmembrane protease serine 2 non-catalytic chain, Transmembrane protease serine 2 catalytic chain.
- Protein Accession Number: O15393
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 115502469
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7113
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TMPRSS2 Antibody: TMPRSS2 is a plasma membrane-anchored serine protease that participates in proteolytic cascades of relevance for the normal physiologic function of the prostate. Androgen-induced TMPRSS2 activates several substrates that include pro-hepatocyte growth factor/HGF, the protease activated receptor-2/F2RL1 or matriptase/ST14 leading to extracellular matrix disruption and metastasis of prostate cancer cells. It facilitates human coronaviruses SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 infections via two independent mechanisms, proteolytic cleavage of ACE2 receptor which promotes viral uptake, and cleavage of coronavirus spike glycoproteins which activates the glycoprotein for host cell entry. It proteolytically cleaves and activates the spike glycoproteins of human coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E) and human coronavirus EMC (HCoV-EMC) and the fusion glycoproteins F0 of Sendai virus (SeV), human metapneumovirus (HMPV), human parainfluenza 1, 2, 3, 4a and 4b viruses (HPIV). TMPRSS2 is essential for spread and pathogenesis of influenza A virus (strains H1N1, H3N2 and H7N9), and it is involved in proteolytic cleavage and activation of hemagglutinin (HA) protein which is essential for viral infectivity.
- 1: Lucas et al. Cancer Discov. 2014; 4(11):1310-25.
- 2: Ko et al. Cancer Res. 2015; 75(14):2949-60.
- 3: Zang et al. Sci. Immunol. 2020; 5(47):eabc3582.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 9569
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin