- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (89%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TMEM59L antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near carboxy terminus of human TMEM59L.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 220 - 270 of TMEM59L.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TMEM59L antibody can be used for detection of TMEM59L by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of TMEM59L are known to exist. TMEM59L antibody is predicted to not cross-react TMEM59.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1461 - Rat Heart Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TMEM59L Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TMEM59L Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TMEM59L antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMEM59L
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TMEM59L Antibody: BSMAP, C19orf4, BSMAP, Transmembrane protein 59-like, Brain-specific membrane-anchored protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036241
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6912274
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25789
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TMEM59L Antibody: Processing of the amyloid precursor protein (APP) by two different proteases, called alpha- and beta-secretase, is a central regulatory event in the generation of the amyloid beta peptide (Abeta), which has a key role in Alzheimer disease (AD) pathogenesis. TMEM59L is a type I membrane glycoprotein that is expressed in the brain. A related protein, TMEM59, is a Golgi-localized protein that modulates the O-glycosylation and complex N-glycosylation steps occurring during the Golgi maturation of several proteins such as APP, BACE1, SEAP or PRNP and inhibits APP transport and shedding.
- 1: Schöbel S, Neumann S, Seed B, et al. Expression cloning screen for modifiers of amyloid precursor protein shedding. Int. J. Dev. Neurosci. 2006; 24:141-8.
- 2: Schöbel S, Neumann S, Hertweck M, et al. A novel sorting nexin modulates endocytic trafficking and alpha-secretase cleavage of the amyloid precursor protein. J. Biol. Chem. 2008; 283:14257-68.
- 3: Elson GC, de Coignac AB, Aubry JP, et al. BSMAP, a novel protein expressed specifically in the brain whose gene is localized on chromosome 19p12. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1999; 264:55-62.
- 4: Ullrich S, Münch A, Neumann S, et al. The novel membrane protein TMEM59 modulates complex glycosylation, cell surface expression, and secretion of the amyloid precursor protein. J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285:20664-74.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6435
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.