- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TMEM214 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human TMEM214.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 70 - 120 of TMEM214.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TMEM214 antibody can be used for detection of TMEM214 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-208 - A-20 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: TMEM214 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TMEM214 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TMEM214 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMEM214
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TMEM214 Antibody: Transmembrane protein 214
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060197
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 134152721
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54867
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TMEM214 Antibody: Transmembrane protein 214 (TMEM214) is a 77kD membrane protein which is widely expressed at high level. The gene encoding this protein maps to chromosome 2, at 2p23.3 TMEM214 interacts with LSM1, an SM-like protein, forming a stable heteromer present in tri-snRNP particles, which are important for pre-mRNA splicing. The detailed function of TMEM214 is still unknown, but a recent study showed that TMEM214 may be used to explore the contribution of human host factors of some infectious diseases such as Dengue fever, West Nile fever and yellow fever. Multiple isoforms of TMEM214 are known to exist.
- 1: Wan D, Gong Y, Qin W, et al. Large-scale cDNA transfection screening for genes related to cancer development and progression. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A2004;101:15724-9.
- 2: Lehner B and Sanderson CM. A protein interaction framework for human mRNA degradation. Genome Res.2004; 14:1315-23.
- 3: Sessions OM, Barrows NJ, Souza-Neto JA, et al. Discovery of insect and human dengue virus host factors. Nature2009; 458:1047-50.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5297
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin