- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TMEM204 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human TMEM204.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TMEM204.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TMEM204 antibody can be used for detection of TMEM204 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of TMEM204 are known to exist; this antibody will recognize both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TMEM204 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TMEM204 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TMEM204 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMEM204
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TMEM204 Antibody: CLP24, C16orf30, CLP24, UNQ6509/PRO21434, Transmembrane protein 204, Claudin-like protein 24
- Protein Accession Number: NP_078876
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 112807182
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79652
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TMEM204 Antibody: Transmembrane protein 204 (TMEM204) is a four-transmembrane protein that is induced under hypoxic conditions. It localizes to cell-cell junctions and co-localizes with the beta-catenin adherens junction-associated protein, but not with tight junctions. Overexpression of TMEM204 results in decreased adhesion between cells, indicating that TMEM204 is an adherens junction protein that modulates cell adhesion and potentially angiogenesis. Recent evidence suggests TMEM204 may also be involved in epilepsy.
- 1: Kearsey J, Petit S, De Oliveira C, et al. A novel four transmembrane spanning protein, CLP24. Eur. J. Biochem. 204; 271:2584-92.
- 2: Stefaniuk M and Lukasiuk K. Cloning of expressed sequence tags (ESTs) representing putative epileptogenesis-related genes and the localization of their expression in the normal brain. Neurosci. Lett. 2010; 482:230-4
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6415
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin