- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (80%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TMEM184A antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human TMEM184A.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TMEM184A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TMEM184A antibody can be used for detection of TMEM184A by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 45 kDa
Observed: 52 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TMEM184A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TMEM184A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TMEM184A antibody can be stored at 4°C for up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMEM184A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TMEM184A Antibody: Transmembrane protein 184A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001091089
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 148276981
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 202915
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TMEM184A Antibody: TMEM184A, a multi-pass transmembrane protein, belongs to the UPF0206 family. While the exact function of TMEM184A remains unclear, it is known to be expressed at high levels in the developing testis. TMEM184A may mediate sex-specific signaling events during Sertoli cell differentiation. The restricted expression of this gene in Sertoli cells suggests a role for the encoded protein in the development and/or continued function of that cell type. Ectopic expression of TMEM184A in female genital ridges resulted in failure of gonocytes to enter meiosis.
- 1: Svingen T, Beverdam A, Bernard P, et al. Sex-specific expression of a novel gene Tmem184a during mouse testis differentiation. Reproduction2007; 133:983-9.
- 2: Svingen T, Wilhelm D, Combes AN, et al. Ex vivo magnetofection: a novel strategy for the study of gene function in mouse organogenesis. Dev Dyn.2009; 238:956-64.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5681
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin