- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (86%), Rat: (86%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TMEM107 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human TMEM107.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 20 - 70 of TMEM107 .
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TMEM107 antibody can be used for detection of TMEM107 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: TMEM107 antibody is human specific. At least two isoforms of TMEM107 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1208 - THP-1 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-521 - Human Lymphoid Tissue Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TMEM107 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TMEM107 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TMEM107antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMEM107
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TMEM107 Antibody : GRVS638, PRO1268, Transmembrane protein 107
- Protein Accession Number: NP_115730
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 34101276
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84314
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Transmembrane protein 107 (TMEM 107) is critical for cilia formation and embryonic patterning (1). It is a 139 amino acid transmembrane protein encoded by a gene that maps to human chromosome 17 which is associated with two key tumor suppressor genes p53 and BRCA1 (1,2). TMEM107 is required for normal Sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling in the neural tube and acts in combination with Gli2 and Gli3 to pattern ventral and intermediate neuronal cell types (1,3). TMEM107 is also a strong candidate gene for central areolar choroidal dystrophy (CACD) (1-3).
- 1: Christopher KJ, Wang B, Kong Y, et al. Forward genetics uncovers transmembrane protein 107 as a novel factor required for ciliogenesis and sonic hedgehog signaling. Dev. Biol. 2012; 368:382-92.
- 2: Clark HF, Gurney AL, Abaya E, et al. The secreted protein discovery initiative (SPDI), a large-scale effort to identify novel human secreted and transmembrane proteins: a bioinformatics assessment. Genome Res. 2003; 13:2265-70.
- 3: Ho KS and Scott MP. Sonic hedgehog in the nervous system: functions, modifications and mechanisms. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2002; 12:57-63.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7483
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.