- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: TMEM106A antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human TMEM106A.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of TMEM106A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TMEM106A antibody can be used for detection of TMEM106A by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TMEM106A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TMEM106A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TMEM106A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMEM106A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TMEM106A Antibody: Transmembrane protein 106A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_659478
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21450796
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 113277
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TMEM106A Antibody: Transmembrane protein 106A (TMEM106A) is a single-pass transmembrane protein that is closely related to TMEM106B, a protein that is thought to be a novel risk factor for frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD), a group of clinically, pathologically and genetically heterogeneous disorders associated with atrophy in the frontal lobe and temporal lobe of the brain. The actual roles of TMEM106A and TMEM106B are still undetermined; however, as TMEM106B is involved in FTLD, it is possible that TMEM106A may also be a risk factor for FTLD.
- 1: Van Deerlin VM, Sleiman PM, Martinez-Lage M, et al. Common variants at 7p21 are associated with frontotemporal lobar degeneration with TDP-43 inclusions. Nat. Genet. 2010; 42:234-9
- 2: Aswathy PM, Jairani PS, and Mathuranath PS. Genetics of frontotemporal lobar degeneration. Ann. Indian Acad. Neurol. 2010; 13(Suppl 2):S55-62.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6781
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.