- SPECIES: Yeast
- SOURCE SPECIES: S. cerevisiae TM strain (Δoch1 Δmnn1 Δmnn4)
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 100 kDa on SDS-PAGE
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Lot specific, TBS or PBS
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PST1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TM Yeast Pst1 Antibody: HPF2, HPF2, YDR055W, D4214, YD9609.09, Cell wall mannoprotein PST1, Haze protective factor 2
- Protein Accession Number: Q12355.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17380259
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 851625
- Protoplast secreted protein 1 (Pst1) is an anchored plasma membrane protein. Pst1 was previously identified as a protein secreted by yeast regenerating protoplasts, which suggests a role in cell wall construction (1). Pst1 is a protein with 444 amino acids and is attached to yeast cell wall via a glycosylphosphatidylinisotol (GPI) anchor (2). Pst1 contains 15 potential N-linked glycosylation sites and is heavily glycosylated. It migrates at around 200 kDa on SDS-PAGE when produced in wild type S. cerevisiae. Our Pst1 protein was expressed in a genetically manipulated triple-mutant (TM) S. cerevisiae stain (Δoch1 Δmnn1 Δmnn4), which results in the production of sole Man8GlcNAc2 carbohydrate structures and Pst1 migration at approximately 100 kDa. When produced in the TM yeast, Pst1 can be recognized by several HIV-1 broadly neutralizing antibodies, including 2G12 and recently identified glycan-specific PGT antibodies (3). Among several heavily N-glycosylated TM yeast glycoproteins, Pst1 shows high affinity for 2G12 and efficiently inhibits gp120 interactions with 2G12 and DC-SIGN, and it also blocks 2G12-mediated neutralization of HIV-1 pseudoviruses (4).
- 1: Pardo, M, Monteoliva L, Pla J, et al., Two-dimensional analysis of proteins secreted by Saccharomyces cerevisiae regenerating protoplasts: a novel approach to study the cell wall. Yeast. 1999 Apr;15(6):459-72.
- 2: Pardo, M, Monteoliva L, Vázquez P, et al., PST1 and ECM33 encode two yeast cell surface GPI proteins important for cell wall integrity. Microbiology. 2004 Dec;150(12):4157-70.
- 3: Luallen, RJ, Lin JQ, Fu H, et al., An Engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae Strain Binds the Broadly Neutralizing Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Antibody 2G12 and Elicits Mannose-Specific gp120-Binding Antibodies. J Virol. 2008 July; 82(13): 6447-6457.
- 4: Luallen RJ, Fu H, Agrawal-Gamse C, et al., A Yeast Glycoprotein Shows High-Affinity Binding to the Broadly Neutralizing Human Immunodeficiency Virus Antibody 2G12 and Inhibits gp120 Interactions with 2G12 and DC-SIGN. J Virol. 2009 May; 83(10): 4861-4870.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-151
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805