- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: TLR5 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the center of human TLR5.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 450 - 500 of TLR5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TLR5 antibody can be used for detection of TLR5 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 94 kDa
Observed: 94 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TLR5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TLR5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TLR5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TLR5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TLR5 Antibody: TIL3, SLEB1, MELIOS, TIL3, Toll-like receptor 5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003259
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 16751843
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7100
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TLR5 Antibody: Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are evolutionarily conserved pattern-recognition molecules resembling the toll proteins that mediate antimicrobial responses in Drosophila. These proteins recognize different microbial products during infection and serve as an important link between the innate and adaptive immune responses. The TLRs act through adaptor molecules such as MyD88 and TIRAP to activate various kinases and transcription factors so the organism can respond to potential infection. TLR5 recognizes flagellin from both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and will cause the activation of NF-κB, leading to the activation of TNF-α and other cytokines. A common TLR5 stop codon polymorphism that disrupts TLR5 signaling is associated with susceptibility to Legionnaires'disease and demonstrates the importance of TLR5 in the innate immune response.
- 1: Takeda K, Kaisho T, and Akira S. Toll-like receptors. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2003; 21:335-76.
- 2: Janeway CA Jr. and Medzhitov R. Innate immune recognition. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2002; 20:197-216.
- 3: McGettrick AF and O'Neill LAJ. The expanding family of MyD88-like adaptors in Toll-like receptor signal transduction. Mol Imm. 2004; 41:577-82.
- 4: Hayashi F, Smith KD, Ozinsky A, et al. The innate immune response to bacterial flagellin is mediated by Toll-like receptor 5. Nature 2001; 410:1099-103.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3647
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin