- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TLR3 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human TLR3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 780 - 830 of TLR3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TLR3 antibody can be used for detection of TLR3 by Western blot at 0.5 to 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 1 μg/mL and immunohistochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-207 - EL4 Cell Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 1406 – Mouse Spleen Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 99 kDa
Observed: 105 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TLR3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TLR3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TLR3 antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TLR3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TLR3 Antibody: CD283, IIAE2, Toll-like receptor 3
- Protein Accession Number: O15455
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20140422
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7098
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TLR3 Antibody: Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are evolutionarily conserved pattern-recognition molecules resembling the toll proteins that mediate antimicrobial responses in Drosophila. These proteins recognize different microbial products during infection and serve as an important link between the innate and adaptive immune responses. The TLRs act through adaptor molecules such as MyD88 and TIRAP to activate various kinases and transcription factors so the organism can respond to potential infection. TLR3 is known to recognize viral double-stranded (ds) RNA, a molecular pattern associated with viral infection. Recently it has been shown to recognize viruses such as Influenza A and West Nile Virus and can mediate entry of at least West Nile Virus.
- 1: Takeda K, Kaisho T, and Akira S. Toll-like receptors. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2003; 21:335-76.
- 2: Janeway CA Jr. and Medzhitov R. Innate immune recognition. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2002; 20:197-216.
- 3: McGettrick AF and O'Neill LAJ. The expanding family of MyD88-like adaptors in Toll-like receptor signal transduction. Mol Imm. 2004; 41:577-82.
- 4: Alexopoulou L, Holt AC, Medzhitov R, et al. Recognition of double-stranded RNA and activation of NF-κB by Toll-like receptor 3. Nature 2001; 413:732-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3643
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin