- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (86%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-TIP47 antibody (3881) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human TIP47.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TIP47.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-4 μg/mL; IHC-P: 10 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples; Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No.1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 47kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar TIP47 expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-TIP47 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3883 against N-terminus domain and 3881 against C-terminus domain. TIP47 proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
Induced Expression Validation (Figure 6-8): TIP47 expression detected by anit-TIP47 antibodies was increased in Atg7 liver KO mice (figure 6), after starvation (figure 7), or after oleic acid treatment (figure 8).
- ISOFORMS: Human TIP47 has 4 isoforms, including isoform 1 (434aa, 47kD), isoform 2 (251aa, 28kD), isoform 3 (433aa, 47kD), isoform 4 (422aa, 46kD). Mouse TIP47 has one isoform (437aa, 47kD) and rat TIP47 also has one isoform (438aa, 47kD). 3883 can detect all human isoforms, and can also detect mouse and rat TIP47.
- PURIFICATION: TIP47 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TIP47 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TIP47 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PLIN3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TIP47 Antibody: PP17, TIP47, M6PRBP1, Perilipin-3, 47 kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptor-binding protein, 47 kDa MPR-binding protein
- Protein Accession Number: O60664
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 68846601
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10226
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TIP47 Antibody: Tail-interacting protein (TIP47) is a cytosolic protein essential for the transport of mannose-6-phosphate receptors (MPRs) from endosomes to the trans-Golgi compartments in cells. TIP47 is recruited from the cytoplasm to the late endosomal surface by the Ras-associated protein Rab9 GTPase, enabling it to bind more efficiently to MPR cytoplasmic domains. Recently, it was shown that TIP47 regulates the expression of Rab9, as expression of siRNA to TIP47 in transfected cells dramatically decreased the half-life of the Rab9 protein in addition to stabilizing the subcellular localization of Rab9. At least two isoforms of TIP47 are known to exist.
- 1: Barbero et al. J. Cell Biol. 2002; 156:511-8.
- 2: Carroll et al. Science 2001; 292:1373-7.
- 3: Aivazian et al. J. Cell Biol. 2006; 173:917-26.
- 4: Ganley et al. Mol. Biol. Cell 2004; 15:5420-30.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3881
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.