- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hTIMP-1 (human Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinases-1). Human TIMP-1 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
To detect hTIMP-1 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.25 - 1.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This biotinylated polyclonal antibody, in conjunction with our polyclonal Anti-Human TIMP-1 as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hTIMP-1.
To detect hTIMP-1 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hTIMP-1 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TIMP-1 antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TIMP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: EPA, EPO, HCI, CLGI, TIMP, Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1, Erythroid-potentiating activity, EPA
- Protein Accession Number: P01033
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 135850
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7076
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP1) and Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2 (TIMP 2) have similar properties, specifically in inhibiting enzymes of the matrix metalloproteinase family, and are thought to be of great importance in the maintenance of connective tissue integrity. TIMP1 forms a complex of 1:1 stoichiometry with activated interstitial collagenases, activated stromelysin, active form of 72kDa Type IV collagenase (also known as MMP2 or gelatinase A), and latent and active forms of 92kDa Type IV collagenase (also known as MMP0 or gelatinase B). TIMPs inhibit the proteolytic invasiveness of tumour cells and normal placental trophoblast cells. TIMP1 is produced in low (pg/mL) levels by most cell types. Treatment of cells with the phorbol ester TPA stimulates production of TIMP1 in some cell types, but the low protein levels produced often require concentration of cell culture media to visualize the bands by Western Blotting.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-216
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.