- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ser 22 - Arg 200
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 46.5 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized Human TIM-3 (22-200), Fc Tag at 2 ug/mL (100 µl/well),can bind anti-TIM3 mAb with a linear range of 0.2-3 ng/mL.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Tris with Glycine, Arginine and NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAVCR2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HAVCR2, TIM3, TIMD3, FLJ14428, KIM3
- Protein Accession Number: Q8TDQ0
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84868
- Hepatitis A virus cellular receptor 2 is also known as HAVCR2, FLJ14428, KIM3, TIM3, TIMD3, is a member of the TIM family of immune regulating molecules with one Ig-like V-type domain and a Ser/Thr-rich mucin stalk. CD4-positive T helper lymphocytes can be divided into types 1 (Th1) and 2 (Th2) on the basis of their cytokine secretion patterns. Th1 cells and their associated cytokines are involved in cell-mediated immunity to intracellular pathogens and delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions, whereas Th2 cells are involved in the control of extracellular helminthic infections and the promotion of atopic and allergic diseases. The 2 types of cells also cross-regulate the functions of the other. HAVCR2 is a Th1-specific cell surface protein that regulates macrophage activation and enhances the severity of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice. HAVCR2 regulates macrophage activation. Inhibits T-helper type 1 lymphocyte (Th1)-mediated auto- and alloimmune responses and promotes immunological tolerance. May be also involved in T-cell homing. Dysregulation of the HAVCR2-galectin-9 pathway could underlie chronic autoimmune disease states in human, such as multiple sclerosis.
- 1: Monney, L. et al., 2002, Nature. 415: 536-41.
- 2: Sabatos, CA. et al., 2003, Nat. Immunol. 4: 1102-10.
- 3: Anderson, AC. et al., 2006, Curr. Opin. Immunol. 18: 665-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-724
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.