- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: TIM-3 antibody was raised against the extracellular domain of human TIM-3
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, Flow, ICC, IF, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: TIM-3 antibody can be used for ELISA starting at 0.1 μg/mL. For Immunocytochemistry start at 1 μg/mL. For Immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL. For Immunohistochemistry start at 5 μg/mL. For Flow Cytometry start at 0.1 μg/ml.
- PURIFICATION: TIM-3 Antibody is supplied as protein A purified IgG2b.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b,k
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TIM-3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TIM-3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAVCR2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TIM-3 Antibody: Hepatitis A virus cellular receptor, HAVCR2, TIM3, CD366, KIM-3, TIMD3, TIMD-3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_116171
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 84868
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84868
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The immune checkpoint protein TIM3 is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and TIM family of proteins that was initially identified as a specific marker of fully differentiated IFN-γ producing CD4 T helper 1 (Th1) and CD8 cytotoxic cells. It is a Th1-specific cell surface protein that regulates macrophage activation and negatively regulates Th1-mediated auto- and alloimmune responses, and is also highly expressed on regulatory T cells, monocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells (1). TIM3 and PD-1 are co-expressed on most CD4 and CD8 T cells infiltrating solid tumors or in hematologic malignancy in mice; blocking TIM3 in conjugation with a PD-1 blockade increases the functionality of exhausted T cells and synergizes with to inhibit tumor growth (2,3).
- 1: Monney L, Sabatos CA, Gaglia JL, et al. Th1-specific cell surface protein Tim-3 regulates macrophage activation and severity of autoimmune disease. Nature 2002; 415:536-41.
- 2: Sakuishi K, Apetoh L, Sullivan JM, et al. Targeting Tim-3 and PD-1 pathways to reverse T cell exhaustion and restore anti-tumor immunity. J Exp Med 2010; 207:2187–94.
- 3: Zhou Q, Munger ME, Veenstra RG, et al. Coexpression of Tim-3 and PD-1 identifies a CD8+ T-cell exhaustion phenotype in mice with disseminated acute myelogenous leukemia. Blood 2011; 117:4501–10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: RF16109
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $129.00 – $439.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.