- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: TIM-4 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human TIM-4.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TIM-4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TIM-4 antibody can be used for the detection of TIM-4 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TIM-4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TIM-4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TIM-4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TIMD4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TIM-4 Antibody: TIM4, SMUCKLER, TIM4, T-cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain-containing protein 4, T-cell immunoglobulin mucin receptor 4, TIMD-4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_612388
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 226529863
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 91937
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TIM-4 Antibody: The T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein (TIM) family encodes cell surface receptors that are involved in the regulation of T helper (Th) -1 and -2 cell-mediated immunity. TIM-4, which is preferentially expressed on macrophages and dendritic cells, is the natural ligand of TIM-1, and this binding leads to T-cell expansion and cytokine production. Unlike other members of the TIM family, TIM-4 lacks a putative tyrosine phosphorylation signal sequence in its intracellular domain. The TIM-4 gene maps to a locus associated with predisposition to asthma in both mice and humans and with its connection to TIM-1-triggered Th2 responsiveness, may be considered as a candidate disease/predisposition gene for asthma.
- 1: Meyers JH, Sabatos CA, Chakravarti S, et al. The TIM family regulates autoimmune and allergic diseases. Trends Mol. Med. 2005; 11:362-9.
- 2: Meyers JH, Chakravarti S, Schlesinger D, et al. TIM-4 is the ligand for TIM-1, and the TIM-1-TIM4 interaction regulates T cell proliferation. Nat. Immunol. 2005; 6:455-64.
- 3: Kuchroo VK, Umetsu DT, DeKruyff RH, et al. The TIM gene family: emerging roles in immunity and disease. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2003; 3:454-62.
- 4: Shakhov AN, Rybtsov S, Tumanov AV, et al. SMUCKLER/TIM4 is a distinct member of TIM family expressed by stromal cells of secondary lymphoid tissues and associated with lymphotoxin signaling.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3813
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin