- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (56.3%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-TIM-1 antibody (3809) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the amino terminus of human TIM-1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of TIM-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1 - 8 μg/mL (overnight incubation at 4° C); IHC-P: 10 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1202 - A431 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 11-401 - Human Uterus Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 44kD
Observed: 60kD (Post-modification: 4 N-linked glycosylation)
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar TIM-1 expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-TIM-1 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3809 against N-terminus domain and 3811 against the central domain. TIM-1 proteins are detected in all the tested cell lines except MCF-7 at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
siRNA knockdown validation (Figure 3): Anti-TIM-1 antibody (3809) specificity was further verified by TIM-1 specific siRNA knockdown. TIM-1 signal in HeLa cells transfected with TIM-1 siRNAs was much weaker in comparison with that in HeLa cells transfected with control siRNAs.
- ISOFORMS: Human TIM-1 has 5 isoforms, including isoform a precursor (364aa, 39kD), isoform a (364aa, 39kD), isoform b precursor (401aa, 44kD), isoform b (359aa, 39kD), and isoform c (359aa, 39kD). This antibody detects human isoform b precursor. Mouse TIM-1 has 3 isoforms, including isoform a precursor (305aa, 33kD), isoform b precursor (282aa, 31kD) and isoform b (282aa, 31kD). Rat TIM-1 has only one isoform identified so far (307aa, 34kD).
- PURIFICATION: TIM-1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TIM-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TIM-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAVCR1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TIM-1 Antibody: TIM, KIM1, TIM1, HAVCR, KIM-1, TIM-1, TIMD1, TIMD-1, HAVCR-1, Hepatitis A virus cellular receptor 1, Kidney injury molecule 1, HAVcr-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036338
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 153085427
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 26762
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TIM-1 Antibody: The human form of TIM-1 was initially discovered as a membrane glycoprotein through which the hepatitis A virus can gain entry into a cell. It was also identified as kidney injury molecule 1 (Kim-1), a predicted adhesion molecule that is upregulated on the surfaces of kidney epithelia. It is also expressed on T helper 2 (Th2) cells of the immune system, and following the binding of its natural ligand TIM-4, stimulates T cell expansion and cytokine production in response to viral challenge. It has been suggested that hyperactivation of TIM-1 leads to an increased level of Th2 responsiveness and asthma susceptibility, and antibodies to TIM-1 may therefore be a novel approach to treating asthma.
- 1: Feigelstock et al. J. Virol. 1998; 72:6621-8
- 2: Ichimura et al. J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273:4135-42
- 3: Meyers et al. Mol. Med. 2005; 11:362-9
- 4: Mayers et al. Nat. Immunol. 2005;6:455-64.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3809
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.