- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TIGAR antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human TIGAR.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of TIGAR.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TIGAR antibody can be used for detection of TIGAR by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: TIGAR Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TIGAR Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TIGAR antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C12orf5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TIGAR Antibody: FR2BP, TIGAR, C12orf5, Fructose-2, 6-bisphosphatase TIGAR, TP53-induced glycolysis and apoptosis regulator
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065108
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9966849
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57103
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TIGAR Antibody: The p53 tumor-suppressor gene integrates numerous signals that control cell life and death; loss of its functions contributes to the development of most cancers. Recent studies have demonstrated the ability of p53 to regulate the expression of several proteins involved in glycolysis and oxidative phosphorylation, such as TIGAR, SCO2, and phosphoglycerate mutase. TIGAR is a recently discovered protein that functions to regulate glycolysis and protect cells against oxidative stress. TIGAR is similar in structure to proteins in the phosphoglycerate mutase family, most notably 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase, suggesting TIGAR may function as a fructose bisphosphatase. Expression of TIGAR in transfected cells correlated with an inhibition of glycolysis and decreased levels of reactive oxygen species and p53-induced apoptosis, indicating that TIGAR may act to modulate the apoptotic response to p53, thereby allowing cells to survive mild or transient stresses.
- 1: Guimaraes DP and Hainaut P. TP53: a key gene in human cancer. Biochimie2002; 84:83-93.
- 2: Corcoran CA, Huang Y, and Sheikh MS. The regulation of energy generating pathways by p53. Cancer Biol. Ther.2006; 5:1610-3.
- 3: Bensaad K, Tsuruta A, Selak MA, et al. TIGAR, a p53-inducible regulator of glycolysis and apoptosis. Cell2006; 126:107-20.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4049
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin