- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Dog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the N-terminal region of human thyroid hormone receptor, a2-isotype.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in Western blots with human tissue. It is anticipated that the antibody will react with bovine, canine, mouse and rat based on the fact that these species have 100% homology with the amino acid sequence used as antigen.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 58
- PURIFICATION: Protein G purified
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Thyroid Hormone Receptor antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: THRA
- Protein Accession Number: P10827
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 135705
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7067
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Thyroid hormones are essential for development of the central nervous system and deficits in these hormones during development affects such cognitive functions as learning and memory (Ambrogini et al., 2005; Chan and Kilby, 2000). Thyroid hormones exert their physiological role mainly through binding to specific nuclear receptors including the predominant isoforms of thyroid hormone receptors, TRalpha1, TRalpha2, TRbeta1 and TRbeta2. TRalpha1, TRbeta1 and TRbeta2 bind T3 with high affinity and also bind to thyroid hormone response elements (TREs) on chromatin to regulate the transcriptional processes in several target tissues, including adult rat brain (Constantinou et al., 2005).
- 1: Ambrogini P, Cuppini R, Ferri P, Mancini C, Ciaroni S, Voci A, Gerdoni E, Gallo G (2005) Thyroid hormones affect neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus of adult rat. Neuroendocrinology 81:244-253.
- 2: Chan S, Kilby MD (2000) Thyroid hormone and central nervous system development. J Endocrinol 165:1-8.
- 3: Constantinou C, Margarity M, Valcana T (2005) Region-specific effects of hypothyroidism on the relative expression of thyroid hormone receptors in adult rat brain. Mol Cell Biochem 278:93-100.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-172
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.