- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: (BTI-Tn-5B1-4) High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: ALDAAYCFRN VQDNCCLRPL YIDFKRDLGW KWIHEPKGYN ANFCAGACPY LWSSDTQHSR VLSLYNTINP EASASPCCVS QDLEPLTILY YIGKTPKIEQ LSNMIVKSCK CS
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by its ability to inhibit the mouse IL - 4 - dependent proliferation of mouse HT - 2 cells. The ED50 was found to be ≤ 0.2 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 106 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized TGF Beta recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted TGF Beta is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing TGF Beta recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TGFB2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LDS4, TGF-beta2, Transforming growth factor beta-2, BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor, TGF-beta-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001129071.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 208022653
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7042
- The three mammalian isoforms of TGF-β, TGF-β1, β2, β3, signal through the same receptor and elicit similar biological responses. They are multifunctional cytokines that regulate cell proliferation, growth, differentiation and motility as well as synthesis and deposition of the extracellular matrix. They are involved in various physiological processes including embryogenesis, tissue remodeling and wound healing. They are secreted predominantly as latent complexes which are stored at the cell surface and in the extracellular matrix. The release of biologically active TGF-β isoform from a latent complex involves proteolytic processing of the complex and /or induction of conformational changes by proteins such as thrombospondin-1. TGF-β2 has been shown to exert suppressive effects on IL-2 dependent T-cell growth, and may also have an autocrine function in enhancing tumor growth by suppressing immuno-surveillance of tumor development. Recombinant human TGF-β2 is a 25.0 kDa protein composed of two identical 112 amino acid polypeptide chains linked by a single disulfide bond.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-108
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.