- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: VVSHFNDCPD SHTQFCFHGT CRFLVQEDKP ACVCHSGYVG ARCEHADLLA
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by the dose - dependent stimulation of thymidine uptake by BALB/c 3T3 cells is ≤ 0.2 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 106 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized TGF-alpha recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted TGF-alpha is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing TGF-alpha recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TGFA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TFGA, Protransforming growth factor alpha, EGF-like TGF, TGF-alpha
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001093161.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 153791414
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7039
- TGF-α is an EGF-related polypeptide growth factor that signals through the EGF receptor, and stimulates the proliferation of a wide range of epidermal and epithelial cells. It is produced by monocytes, keratinocytes, and various tumor cells. TGF-α induces transformation anchorage independence in cultured cells. Human, murine and rat TGF-α are cross-species reactive. Recombinant human TGF-α is a 50 amino acid polypeptide (5.5 kDa) which shares approximately 40% sequence homology with EGF, including 6 conserved cysteine residues, which form 3 intramolecular disulfide bonds.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-117
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin