- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits immunized with highly pure recombinant Human TFF-2. Anti-Human TFF-2 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Sandwich ELISA: To detect Human TFF-2 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well) a concentration of 0.25 – 1.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This biotinylated polyclonal antibody, in conjunction with ProSci’s Polyclonal Anti- Human TFF-2 as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 – 0.4 ng/well of recombinant Human TFF-2.
To detect Human TFF-2 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/ml. When used in conjunction with compatible development reagents the detection limit for recombinant Human TFF-2 is 1.5 – 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: TFF-2 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TFF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Trefoil Factor 2 (TFF2), Spasmolytic polypeptide (SP), Spasmolysin
- Protein Accession Number: Q03403
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: Q03403.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7032
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- The Trefoil Factor peptides (TFF1, TFF2 and TFF3) are expressed in the gastrointestinal tract, and appear to play an important role in intestinal mucosal defense and repair. TFF2 has been shown to inhibit gastrointestinal motility and gastric acid secretion. Recent data suggests a potential role for TFF2 in acute and chronic asthma (Nikolaidis, N.M. et al. Am. Journal Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. (2003) 4: 458-464). Recombinant Human TFF-2 is a 12.0 kDa polypeptide of 107 amino acid residues, which includes a 40-amino acid trefoil motif containing three conserved intramolecular disulfide bonds.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-353
- Size: 0.025 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin