- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine
- IMMUNOGEN: This TFE3 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 489-516 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human TFE3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 62 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TFE3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Transcription factor E3, Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 33, bHLHe33, TFE3, BHLHE33
- Protein Accession Number: P19532
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 160113240
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7030
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The microphthalmia transcription factor/transcriptionfactor E (MITF-TFE) family of basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper(bHLH-Zip) transcription factors includes four family members:MITF, TFE3, TFEB and TFEC. The TEF3 protein encoded by this geneactivates transcription through binding to the muE3 motif of theimmunoglobulin heavy-chain enhancer. The TFEC protein formsheterodimers with the TEF3 protein and inhibits TFE3-dependenttranscription activation. The TEF3 protein interacts withtranscription regulators such as E2F3, SMAD3, and LEF-1, and isinvolved in TGF-beta-induced transcription, playing important rolesin cell growth, proliferation, and osteoclast and macrophagedifferentiation. The TFE3 protein also activates hepatic IRS-2gene, and induces hexokinase II (HK2) and insulin-induced gene 1(INSIG1); it participates in insulin signaling and could be atherapeutic target for diabetes. This gene is also involved inchromosomal translocations, resulting in different fusion geneproducts in papillary renal cell carcinomas and alveolar soft partsarcomas, such as PRCC-TFE3, RCC17-TFE3, PSF-TFE3, NonO(p54nrb)-TFE3 and ASPL-TFE3.
- 1: Argani, P., et al. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 34(10):1395-1406(2010)
- 2: Haudebourg, J., et al. Cancer Genet. Cytogenet. 200(2):75-78(2010)
- 3: Chang, I.W., et al. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 33(12):1894-1901(2009)
- 4: Yamaguchi, T., et al. Acta Cytol. 53(6):693-697(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-796
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.