- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This TFAM antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 216-246 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human TFAM.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For IF starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 29 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TFAM
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Transcription factor A, mitochondrial, mtTFA, Mitochondrial transcription factor 1, MtTF1, Transcription factor 6, TCF-6, Transcription factor 6-like 2, TFAM, TCF6, TCF6L2
- Protein Accession Number: Q00059
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 417324
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7019
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a mitochondrial transcription factorthat is a key activator of mitochondrial transcription as well as aparticipant in mitochondrial genome replication. Studies in micehave demonstrated that this gene product is required to regulatethe mitochondrial genome copy number and is essential for embryonicdevelopment. A mouse model for Kearns-Sayre syndrome was producedwhen expression of this gene was eliminated by targeted disruptionin heart and muscle cells.
- 1: Wang, W., et al. Nucleic Acids Res. (2010) In press :
- 2: Corneveaux, J.J., et al. Hum. Mol. Genet. 19(16):3295-3301(2010)
- 3: Akhmetov, I.I., et al. Fiziol Cheloveka 36(2):121-125(2010)
- 4: Shulman, J.M., et al. PLoS ONE(6), E11244 (2010) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-117
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.