- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (86%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TEM5 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human TEM5.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1270 - 1320 of TEM5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TEM5 antibody can be used for detection of TEM5 by Western blot at 2 and 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1310 - Human Bladder Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TEM5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TEM5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TEM5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GPR124
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TEM5 Antibody: TEM5, KIAA1531, TEM5, G-protein coupled receptor 124, Tumor endothelial marker 5
- Protein Accession Number: Q96PE1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 221222450
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25960
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TEM5 Antibody: Tumor endothelial markers (TEMs) are significantly up-regulated during angiogenesis and neoangiogensis that are crucial for the growth of solid tumors. TEMs localized on the cell surface and conserved across species are of particular interest for future development of anti-angiogenic therapies. These include TEMs such as TEM1, TEM5, TEM7 and TEM8. TEM5 is a member of the adhesion family of G protein coupled receptors and is localized on the surface of endothelial cells. TEM5 is a seven-pass transmembrane receptor, unlike TEM1, TEM7 and TEM8 which span the membrane once. TEM5 is abundantly expressed in tumor vessels, heart, placenta, ovary, small intestine, and colon. Proteolytically processed soluble TEM5 mediates endothelial cell survival during angiogenesis by linking integrin to glycosaminoglycans.
- 1: Carson-Walter EB, Watkins DN, Nanda A, et al. Cell surface tumor endothelial markers are conserved in mice and humans. Cancer Res.2001; 61:6649-55.
- 2: Yamamoto Y, Irie K, Nanda A, et al. Direct binding of the human homologue of the Drosophila disc large tumor suppressor gene to seven-pass transmembrane proteins, tumor endothelial marker 5 (TEM5), and a novel TEM5-like protein. Oncogene2004; 23:3889-97.
- 3: Davies G, Cunnick GH, Mansel RE, et al. Levels of expression of endothelial markers specific to tumour-associated endothelial cells and their correlation with prognosis in patients with breast cancer. Clinical & Experimental Metastasis2004; 21:31-7.
- 4: Vallon M and Essler M. Proteolytically processed soluble tumor endothelial marker (TEM) 5 mediates endothelial cell survival during angiogenesis by linking integrin alpha(v)beta3 to glycosaminoglycans. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:34179-88.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4369
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin