- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse (100%); Rat: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-TEM-1 antibody (4359) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the amino terminus of human TEM-1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40-90 of TEM-1
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-2 μg/mL; IHC-P: 2.5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of TEM1 are known to exist; this antibody recognizes only the larger isoform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1320 - Human Colon Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1223 - Caco-2 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 81kD
Observed: 90 kD (post-modifications: 27 O-linked glycosylations)
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar TEM-1 expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-TEM-1 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 4357 against C-terminus domain and 4359 against N-terminus domain. TEM-1 proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human TEM-1 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (757aa, 81kD), and isoform 2 (433aa, 46kD). Mouse TEM-1 has one isoform (765aa, 82kD) and Rat TEM-1 also has one isoform (764aa, 82kD). 4359 can detect human isoform 1, mouse and rat TEM-1.
- PURIFICATION: TEM1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TEM1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TEM1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD248
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TEM1 Antibody: TEM1, CD164L1, TEM1, Endosialin, Tumor endothelial marker 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065137
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9966885
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57124
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TEM1 Antibody: Tumor endothelial marker (TEM) 1 was originally identified as a human embryonic fibroblast-specific antigen and was later determined to be endosialin, a single-pass transmembrane glycoprotein that has multiple extracellular domains, including three EGF-like domains, a sushi-like domain, and a C lectin-like domain. TEM proteins are significantly up-regulated during angiogenesis and neoangiogenesis that are crucial for the growth of solid tumors. While TEM1 is not required for angiogenesis during fetal development, postnatal growth or wound healing, it plays a role in tumor growth, invasion, and metastasis. Fibronectin and collagen types I and IV act as specific ligands of TEM1, leading to suggestions that these molecules may cause changes in the extracellular matrix, cell adhesion and migration during tumor invasion.
- 1: Rettig et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1992; 89:10832-6.
- 2: Christian et al. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:7408-14.
- 4: Nanda et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2006; 103:3351-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4359
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.