- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This TEF antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 213-240 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human TEF.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 33 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TEF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Thyrotroph embryonic factor, TEF, KIAA1655
- Protein Accession Number: Q10587
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 51338730
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7008
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Thyrotroph embryonic factor (TEF), a transcription factor,is a member of the PAR (proline and acidic amino acid-rich)subfamily of basic region/leucine zipper (bZIP) transcriptionfactors. It is expressed in a broad range of cells and tissues inadult animals, however, during embryonic development, TEFexpression appears to be restricted to the developing anteriorpituitary gland, coincident with the appearance ofthyroid-stimulating hormone, beta (TSHB). Indeed, TEF can bind to,and transactivate the TSHB promoter. It shows homology (in thefunctional domains) with other members of the PAR-bZIP subfamily oftranscription factors, which include albumin D box-binding protein(DBP), human hepatic leukemia factor (HLF) and chicken vitellogeningene-binding protein (VBP); VBP is considered the chicken homologueof TEF. Different members of the subfamily can readily formheterodimers, and share DNA-binding, and transcriptional regulatoryproperties. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encodingdifferent isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided byRefSeq].
- 1: Kripke, D.F., et al. Psychiatry Investig 7(1):36-42(2010)
- 2: Inukai, T., et al. Blood 105(11):4437-4444(2005)
- 3: Collins, J.E., et al. Genome Biol.(10), R84 (2004) :
- 4: Newman, J.R., et al. Science 300(5628):2097-2101(2003)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-382
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin