- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (75%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TCTN2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human TCTN2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 610 - 660 of TCTN2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TCTN2 antibody can be used for detection of TCTN2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TCTN2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TCTN2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TCTN2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TCTN2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TCTN2 Antibody: MKS8, TECT2, C12orf38, Tectonic-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_079085
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 31377681
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79867
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TCTN2 Antibody: TCTN2 is a member of the Tectonic protein family, a group of evolutionarily conserved secreted and transmembrane proteins that regulate the Hedgehog (Hh)-mediated patterning of the neural tube. While the expression pattern and function of TCTN2 is not known, it is 49% similar to TCTN1. TCTN1 is expressed during embryonic development in regions that participate in Hh signaling, beginning in the gastrulation stages in the ventral node. Mice expressing mutant TCTN1 die between E13.5 and E16.5 and display holoprosencephaly, a defect associated with reduced Hh signaling, indicating the role of TCTN1 as an Hh activator. At later stages in development, TCTN1 is thought to also act as a repressor on the Hh pathway in the anterior and posterior neural tube.
- 1: Reiter JF and Skarnes WC. Tectonic, a novel regulator of the Hedgehog pathwy required for both activation and inhibition. Genes Dev.2006; 20:22-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5835
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin