- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Guinea Fowl, Peacock
- IMMUNOGEN: CD3+ TCR1- TCR2- Ia- chicken blood mononuclear cells
- CONJUGATE: PE
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: EM, Flow, ICC, IP
- APPLICATION NOTE: TCRab/Vb2 Antibody [TCR-3] for use in flow cytometry assays.
- SPECIFICITY: TCRalphabeta/Vbeta2
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS/NaN3 and a stabilizing agent
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: T3/TCR complex, TCR alpha/beta
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The monoclonal antibody TCR-3 precipitates a CD3-associated heterodimer of Mr 88 kDa (two bands of Mr 48 kDa and 40 kDa upon reduction) on chicken peripheral blood T cells. Deglycosylation of the heterodimer yields two polypeptides of Mr 34 kDa and 31 kDa. In the chicken, two distinct subpopulations of alphabeta T cells appear in the thymus subsequent to the appearance of gammadelta T cells. These subpopulations, originally denoted as TCR-2 and TCR-3, arise sequentially in the thymus during ontogeny and are now known to represent two distinct Vbeta families, Vbeta1 and Vbeta2, respectively. The TCR-3 monoclonal antibody reacts with approximately 9% of thymocytes, 15-25% of blood mononuclear cells, and 13% of splenocytes young adult chickens. Two-color immunofluorescence has revealed that the TCR-3+ thymocytes include CD4+CD8-, CD4-CD8+, CD4+CD8+, and CD4-CD8- subpopulations. The TCR-3+ thymocytes can be separated into two subsets. One subset is characterized by relatively low levels of expression of the TCR-3/CD3 complex and most of the cells in this subset are CD4+CD8+. Cells in the other subset express TCR-3/CD3 in higher density and are either CD4+CD8- or CD4-CD8+, corresponding to the more mature medullary subset of thymocytes. The TCR-3+] cells in the blood and spleen express relatively high levels of the TCR-3/CD3 receptor complex and are “single positive” with CD4+CD8- cells being four times more frequent that the CD4-CD8+ cells (~ 80% CD4+ vs ~ 20% CD8+).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 99-230
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $380.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.