- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Guinea Fowl, Peacock, Turkey
- IMMUNOGEN: White Leghorn chick thymocytes and blood mononuclear cells
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- APPLICATION NOTE: TCRab/Vb1 Antibody [TCR-2] for use in flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and immunoprecipitation assays.
- SPECIFICITY: TCRalphabeta/Vbeta1
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS/NaN3
- CONCENTRATION: 0.5 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: T3/TCR complex, TCR alpha/beta
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The monoclonal antibody TCR-2 precipitates a CD3-associated heterodimer of Mr 90 kDa (two bands of Mr 50 kDa and 40 kDa upon reduction) on chicken peripheral blood T cells. Deglycosylation of the heterodimer yields two polypeptides of Mr 34 kDa and 29 kDa. In the chicken, two distinct subpopulations of alphabeta T cells appear in the thymus subsequent to the appearance of gammadelta T cells. These subpopulations, originally denoted as TCR2 and TCR3, arise sequentially in the thymus during ontogeny and are now known to represent two distinct Vbeta families, Vbeta1 and Vbeta2, respectively. The TCR-2 monoclonal antibody reacts with approximately 40% of thymocytes, 40-50% of blood mononuclear cells, and 40% of splenocytes in the chicken. Two-color immunofluorescence has revealed that most of the TCR2+ thymocytes express both CD4 and CD8 antigens. The TCR2+ cells in blood were found to express either CD4 (74 ± 2%) or CD8 (26 ± 4%). TCR2+ cells in the spleen also express either CD4 (37 ± 1%) or CD8 (64 ± 4%). Surprisingly, a relatively large subpopulation of CD8+ cells in the spleen are negative for TCR2. This observation led to the demonstration that 71 ± 6% of the TCRgammadelta+ cells in the spleen express CD8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 99-225
- Size: 0.5 mg
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.