- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (71%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TBC1D1 antibody was raised against a 22 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human TBC1D1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TBC1D1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TBC1D1 antibody can be used for detection of TBC1D1 by Western blot at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 – 293 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 128 kDa
Observed: 140 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TBC1D1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TBC1D1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TBC1D1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TBC1D1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TBC1D1 Antibody: TBC, TBC1, KIAA1108, TBC1 domain family member 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055988
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50658061
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23216
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TBC1D1 Antibody: TBC1D1 is the founding member of a family of proteins sharing a 180- to 200-amino acid TBC domain and presumed to have a role in regulating cell growth and differentiation. These proteins share significant homology with TRE2/USP6, yeast Bub2, and CDC16. TBC1D1 and TBC1D4 (AS160) have been demonstrated to be Rab GAPs (GTPase-activating proteins) that link upstream to Akt and phosphoinositide 3-kinase and downstream to Rabs involved in trafficking of GLUT4 vesicles. TBC1D1 regulates insulin-mediated GLUT4 translocation through its GAP activity, and is a likely Akt substrate. Mutations in the Tbc1d1 gene lead to some cases of severe human obesity.
- 1: White RA, Pasztor LM, Richardson PM, et al. The gene encoding TBC1D1 with homology to the tre-2/USP6 oncogene, Bub2, and cdc16 maps to mouse chromosome 5 and human chromosome 4. Cytogenet. Cell Genet.2000; 89:272-5.
- 2: Koumanov F and Holman GD. Thrifty Tbc1d1 and Tbc1d4 proteins link signalling and membrane trafficking pathways. Biochem. J.2007; 403:e9-11.
- 3: Roach WG, Chavez JA, Miinea CP, et al. Substrate specificity and effect on GLUT4 translocation of the Rab GTPase-activating protein Tbc1d1. Biochem J.2007; 403:353-8.
- 4: Stone S, Abkevich V, Russell DL, et al. TBC1D1 is a candidate for a severe obesity gene and evidence for a gene/gene interaction in obesity predisposition. Hum. Mol. Genet.2006; 15:2709-20.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4231
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin