- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Tau (Phospho-Ser235) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around phosphorylation site of serine 235 (P-K-S (p) -P-S) derived from Human Tau.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of Tau only when phosphorylated at serine 235.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 48, 62, 78 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatogramphy using non-phosphopeptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAPT
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TAU, MSTD, PPND, DDPAC, MAPTL, MTBT1, MTBT2, FTDP-17, MAPT, MTAPT, Neurofibrillary tangle protein, PHF-tau
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001116538.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 178557734
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4137
- Promotes microtubule assembly and stability, and might be involved in the establishment and maintenance of neuronal polarity. The C-terminus binds axonal microtubules while the N-terminus binds neural plasma membrane components, suggesting that tau functions as a linker protein between both. Axonal polarity is predetermined by tau localization (in the neuronal cell) in the domain of the cell body defined by the centrosome. The short isoforms allow plasticity of the cytoskeleton whereas the longer isoforms may preferentially play a role in its stabilization.
- 1: Alonso Adel C, et al. (2004) J Biol Chem. 279 (33): 34873-34881. Liu F, et al. (2002) FEBS Lett. 530 (1-3): 209-214. Sengupta A, et al. (1998) Arch Biochem Biophys. 357 (2): 299-309.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-453
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $325.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.