- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: TANK antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human TANK.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 350 - 400 of TANK.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TANK antibody can be used for the detection of TANK by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1466 - Rat Spleen Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 47 kDa
Observed: 50 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TANK Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TANK Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TANK antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TANK
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TANK Antibody: ITRAF, TRAF2, I-TRAF, ITRAF, TRAF family member-associated NF-kappa-B activator, TRAF-interacting protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004171
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 19743569
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10010
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TANK Antibody: TANK was initially identified as a novel TRAF-interacting protein that regulated TRAF-mediated signal transduction. Specifically, ligand binding by surface receptors in the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor and Toll/interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor families lead to the formation of a TRAF/TANK complex that mediates the activation of the transcription factor NF-κB. This activation of NF-κB occurs through an association with the kinases IKKε and TBK1. More recently, it was shown that these proteins can then form a complex with NEMO, a protein that regulates the activity of the IκB complex. This suggests that in addition to the possibility that TBK1 and IKKε activate the IKKs, the association with the IKK complex may help these kinases modulate other functions, such as the transactivation potential of NF-κB proteins. At least two isoforms of TANK are known to exist.
- 1: Cheng G and Baltimore D. TANK, a co-inducer with TRAF2 of TNF- and CD40L-mediated NF-κB activation. Genes Dev. 1996; 10:963-73.
- 2: Rothe M, Xiong J, Shu HB, et al. I-TRAF is a novel TRAF-interacting protein that regulates TRAF-mediated signal transduction. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1996; 93:8241-6.
- 3: Pomerantz JL and Baltimore D. NF-κB activation by a signaling complex containing TRAF2, TANK and TBK1, a novel IKK-related kinase. EMBO J. 1999; 18:6694-704.
- 4: Chariot A, Leonardi A, Muller J, et al. Association of the adaptor TANK with the IκB kinase (IKK) regulator NEMO connects IKK complexes with the IKKε and TBK1 kinases. J. Biol. Chem.2002; 277:37029-36.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3877
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin