- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TAK1 antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the amino-terminus of human TAK1 isoform a.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of TAK1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TAK1 antibody can be used for the detection of TAK1 by Western blot at 1 to 4 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1471 - Rat Thymus Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TAK1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TAK1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TAK1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP3K7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TAK1 Antibody: TAK1, MEKK7, TGF1a, TAK1, Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 7, Transforming growth factor-beta-activated kinase 1, TGF-beta-activated kinase 1
- Protein Accession Number: BAA25025
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2924624
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6885
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TAK1 Antibody: TAK1 (TGF-beta activated protein kinase 1) is a widely expressed enzyme originally identified as a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase (MAP3K7). It has since been shown to mediate various intracellular signaling pathways, such as those induced by TGF-beta and members of the Toll-IL-1R (TIR) superfamily, thus acting as an intermediate in both proliferative and innate and adaptive immune responses. TAK1 is normally present in cells in a complex with TAK1-binding protein 1 (TAB1) and either TAB2 or TAB3. Association with TAB1 triggers TAK1 kinase activity by inducing TAK1 autophosphorylation, while TAB2 and possibly TAB3 may contribute to SAPK2a/p38a-mediated feedback inhibition of TAK1 activity.
- 1: Yamaguchi K, Shirakabe K, Shibuya H, et al. Identification of a member of the MAPKKK family as a potential mediator of TGF-β signal transduction. Science 1995; 270:2008-11.
- 2: Irie T, Muta T, and Takeshige K. TAK1 mediates an activation signal from toll-like receptor(s) to nuclear factor-κB in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. FEBS Lett. 2000; 467:160-4.
- 3: Akira S and Takeda K. Toll-like receptor Signalling. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2004; 4:499-511.
- 4: Jiang Z, Ninomiya-Tsuji J, Qian Y, et al. Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase-dependent IL-1-induced signaling complexes phosphorylate TAK1 and TAB2 at the plasma membrane and activate TAK1 in the cytosol. Mol. Cell Biol. 2002; 22:7158-67.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3385
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin