- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Dog, Hamster, Human, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: The membrane-enriched fraction of a human breast carcinoma liver metastasis was used as the immunogen for this TAG-72 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the TAG-72 antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. No pretreatment is required for staining of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 182875
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This antibody recognizes an oncofetal antigen of 220kDa, identified as a tumor-associated glycoprotein (TAG-72) with properties of a mucin. This antibody defines the mucin-carried sialylated-Tn epitope. TAG-72 is usually expressed by adenocarcinomas, but is negative in mesotheliomas. Studies have reported that this antibody has 80% sensitivity and 93% specificity for pulmonary adenocarcinoma. Therefore, TAG-72 is a useful marker to distinguish between mesothelioma and adenocarcinoma. However, false positive reactions can occur so results must be interpreted with the utmost caution. This antibody may be useful in the differentiation of non-small cell carcinomas from small cell carcinomas of the lung. The combined use of TAG-72 Ab with a GCDFP-15 Ab is valuable in the diagnosis of apocrine carcinoma.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-261
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805