- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This TAF10 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 121-150 amino acids from the Central region of human TAF10.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 22 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TAF10
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Transcription initiation factor TFIID subunit 10, STAF28, Transcription initiation factor TFIID 30 kDa subunit, TAF(II)30, TAFII-30, TAFII30, TAF10, TAF2A, TAF2H, TAFII30
- Protein Accession Number: Q12962
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 3024688
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6881
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase II requiresthe activities of more than 70 polypeptides. The protein thatcoordinates these activities is transcription factor IID (TFIID),which binds to the core promoter to position the polymeraseproperly, serves as the scaffold for assembly of the remainder ofthe transcription complex, and acts as a channel for regulatorysignals. TFIID is composed of the TATA-binding protein (TBP) and agroup of evolutionarily conserved proteins known as TBP-associatedfactors or TAFs. TAFs may participate in basal transcription, serveas coactivators, function in promoter recognition or modify generaltranscription factors (GTFs) to facilitate complex assembly andtranscription initiation. This gene encodes one of the smallsubunits of TFIID that is associated with a subset of TFIIDcomplexes. Studies with human and mammalian cells have shown thatthis subunit is required for transcriptional activation by theestrogen receptor, for progression through the cell cycle, and mayalso be required for certain cellular differentiation programs.
- 1: Egloff, S., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 285(27):20564-20569(2010)
- 2: Ma, Y., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 285(13):9813-9822(2010)
- 3: Zhao, Y., et al. Mol. Cell 29(1):92-101(2008)
- 4: Hao, H., et al. Oncogene 26(57):7872-7884(2007)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-151
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin