- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: TACI antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide mapping at the amino terminus of human TACI.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of TACI.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TACI polyclonal antibody can be used for detection of TACI by Western blot at 5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1215 - U937 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: TACI Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TACI Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TACI antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFRSF13B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TACI Antibody: CVID, RYZN, TACI, CD267, CVID2, TNFRSF14B, Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 13B, Transmembrane activator and CAML interactor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036584
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6912694
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23495
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TACI Antibody: Members in the TNF superfamily regulate immune responses and induce apoptosis. Two novel members in the TNF family were recently identified and designated BAFF/BLyS/TALL-1/THANK/zTNF4 and April/TALL-2, respectively. BAFF was characterized as a B cell activator since it induced B cell proliferation and immunoglobulin secretion. April regulates immunological and non-immunological cell growth. Three receptors, BCMA, TACI, and BAFF-R, for BAFF and April were recently identified. TACI, like BCMA, binds BAFF and April. TACI and its ligands regulate humoral immune responses, activate NF-κB and c-jun N-terminal kinase, and are involved in B cell associated autoimmune diseases.
- 1: Moore PA, Belvedere O, Orr A, et al. BLyS: member of the tumor necrosis factor family and B lymphocyte stimulator. Science 1999;285:260-3
- 2: Schneider P, MacKay F, Steiner V, et al. BAFF, a novel ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family, stimulates B cell growth. J Exp Med 1999;189:1747-56
- 3: Shu HB, Hu WH, Johnson H. TALL-1 is a novel member of the TNF family that is down-regulated by mitogens. J Leukoc Biol 1999;65:680-3
- 4: Mukhopadhyay A, Ni J, Zhai Y, Yu GL, Aggarwal BB. Identification and characterization of a novel cytokine, THANK, a TNF homologue that activates apoptosis, nuclear factor-κB, and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase. J Biol Chem 1999 ;274:15978-81
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2395
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin