- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: mouse (94.1%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-TACE antibody (1131) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human TACE.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TACE.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.25-2 μg/mL; ICC: 10 μg/mL; IF: 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and rat samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples; and Immunofluorescence in human and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: 80 to 130 kDa bands can be detected, which may represent mature protein, precursor, and glycosylated TACE.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 93kD
Observed: 93-125kD (Post-modification: 9 N-linked glycosylation)
KO Validation (Figure 2): Anti-TACE antibodies (1131) specificity was further verified by TACE specific knockout. TACE signal was not detected in TACE knockout HeLa cells as compared to that in control wild type cells.
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 3) shows similar TACE expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-TACE antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 1131 against C-terminus domain and 22-001 against a synthetic peptide to a sequence within amino acids 700-824 of human TACE. TACE proteins are detected in most of the tested cell lines except 293 and A549 cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
KD validation (Figure 6,7): Anti-TACE antibody (1131) specificity was verified by TACE TACE specific siRNA or shRNA knockdown. TACE signal in COS cells (Figure 6) and MDA-MB-435 cells (Figure 7) with TACE knockdown was disrupted in comparison with control.
Overexpression validation (Figure 8): Anti-TACE antibody (1131) detected high expression levels of TACE in MCF-7 cells transfected with TACE as compared to vector transfected cells.
- ISOFORMS: Human TACE has 2 isoforms, including isoform A (824aa, 93kD), isoform B (694aa, 78.5kD). This antibody detects only isoform A. Mouse TACE has 2 isoforms, long isoform (827aa, 93.1kD) and short isoform (655aa, 73.9kD). Rat TACE has only one isoform identified so far (827aa, 93kD).
- PURIFICATION: TACE Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TACE Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TACE antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADAM17
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TACE Antibody: CSVP, TACE, NISBD, ADAM18, CD156B, CSVP, Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 17, Snake venom-like protease, ADAM 17
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003174
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 73747889
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6868
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TACE Antibody: Tumor-necrosis factor-alpha is a proinflammatory cytokine and contributes to a variety of inflammatory disease responses and programmed cell death. TNF-α is synthesized as a 26K type II membrane-bound precursor that is cleaved by a convertase to generate secreted 17K mature TNF-α. TNF-α converting enzyme (TACE) protein was recently purified and the human and mouse TACE cDNAs were cloned by several groups separately. TACE is a membrane-bound metalloprotease-disintegrin in the family of mammalian ADAM (for a disintegrin and metalloprotease). TACE also processes other cell surface proteins, including TNF receptor, TGFalpha, the L-selectin adhesion molecule, and alpha-cleavage of amyloid protein precursor (APP). TACE mRNA is expressed in a variety of human and murine tissues. TACE was selected as one of the few targets in cytokine activation by the Eighth International Conference of the Inflammation Research Association.
- 1: Black et al. Nature 1997;385:729-733
- 2: Moss et al. Nature 1997;385:733-736
- 3: Mizui et al. Gene 1999;233:67-74
- 4: Peschon et al. Science 1998;282:1281-4
- 1: Wang et al. Ectodomain shedding of preadipocyte factor 1 (Pref-1) by tumor necrosis factor alpha converting enzyme (TACE) and inhibition of adipocyte differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006 ;26(14):5421-35. PMID: 16809777
- 2: McGowan et al. ADAM-17 expression in breast cancer correlates with variables of tumor progression. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13(8):2335-43. PMID: 17438092
- 3: Hurtado et al. TACE/ADAM17-TNF-alpha pathway in rat cortical cultures after exposure to oxygen-glucose deprivation or glutamate. J Cereb Blood Flow Meta. 2002 ;22(5):576-85. PMID: 11973430
- 4: Pradillo et al. TNFR1 upregulation mediates tolerance after brain ischemic preconditioning. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2005;25(2):193-203.PMID: 15647744
- 5: McGowan et al. ADAM-17 predicts adverse outcome in patients with breast cancer. Ann Oncol. 2008;19(6):1075-81. PMID: 18238782
- 7: Romera et al. In vitro ischemic tolerance involves upregulation of glutamate transport partly mediated by the TACE/ADAM17-tumor necrosis factor-alpha pathway. J Neurosci. 2004;24(6):1350-7. PMID: 14960606
- 8: Zimmermann et al. Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors increase ADAM10 activity by promoting its trafficking in neuroblastoma cell lines. J Neurochem. 2004;90(6):1489-99PMID: 15341532
- 9: Ge et al. Soluble TNF Regulates TACE via AP-2? Transcription Factor in Mouse Dendritic Cells. J Immunol. 2017;198(1):417-427PMID: 27852742
- 10: Comabella et al. TNF-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) protein expression in different clinical subtypes of multiple sclerosis. J Neurol. 2006;253(6):701-6PMID: 16511637
- 12: Gatta et l. Inhibition of heme synthesis alters Amyloid Precursor Protein processing. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2009;116(1):79-88.PMID: 19002554
- 13: Wu et al. ADAM-17 over-expression in gallbladder carcinoma correlates with poor prognosis of patients. Med Oncol. 2011;28(2):475-80PMID: 20300969
- 14: Bigdeli et al. Preconditioning with sublethal ischemia or intermittent normobaric hyperoxia up-regulates glutamate transporters and tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme in the rat brain. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009;18(5):336-42. PMID: 19717015
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 1131
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.