- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: T-cadherin antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human T-cadherin.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 150 - 200 of T-cadherin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: T-cadherin antibody can be used for the detection of T-cadherin by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL and immunocytochemistry starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of T-cadherin are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 78, 84 kDa
Observed: 85 kDa
- PURIFICATION: T-cadherin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: T-cadherin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: T-cadherin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ENTPD3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: T-cadherin Antibody: HB6, CD39L3, NTPDase-3, Ectonucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 3, CD39 antigen-like 3, NTPDase 3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001248
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 166197701
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 956
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- T-cadherin Antibody: T-cadherin was initially identified as cadherin-type cell adhesion molecule expressed in various neuronal populations in a temporally and spatially restricted pattern during axon growth. T-cadherin is an atypical member of the cadherin family because it does not possess the typical transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains but is instead anchored to the plasma membrane by glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) linkage. T-cadherin may play a role in malignant tumor development as loss of the chromosome locus containing the T-cadherin gene correlates with the development of a variety of cancers. Recently it has been shown that T-cadherin can act as a receptor for hexameric and high-molecular weight forms of adiponectin, suggesting that T-cadherin may also play a role in metabolic regulation.
- 1: Ranscht B and Dours-Zimmerman MT. T-cadherin, a novel cadherin cell adhesion molecule in the nervous system lacks the conserved cytoplasmic region. Neuron 1991; 7:391-402.
- 2: Ivanov DB, Philippova MP, and Tkachuk VA. Structure and functions of classical cadherins Biochemistry (Moscow) 2001; 66:1175-66.
- 3: Takeuchi T, Misaki A, Chen BK, et al. H-cadherin expression in breast cancer. Histopathology 1999; 35:87-88.
- 4: Sato M, Mori Y, Sakurada A, et al. The H-cadherin (CDH13) gene is inactivated in human lung cancer. Hum. Gen. 1998; 103:96-101.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3583
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.