- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the C-terminal region of rat synaptophysin 2, conjugated to keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 38
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Synaptophysin antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Synpr
- Protein Accession Number: P22831
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 33112632
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 66030
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Synaptophysin 2, also known as synaptoporin, is a component of the synaptic vesicle membrane and thought to play an important role in synaptic vesicle trafficking (Dai et al., 2003). It is highly homologous to synaptophysin 1, yet differs in expression. Whereas synaptophysin 1 is ubiquitiously expressed, synaptophysin 2 is concentrated in the mossy fiber synapses of the hippocampus (Grabs et al., 1994; Singec et al., 2002).
- 1: Dai J, Ji C, Gu S, Wu Q, Wang L, Xu J, Zeng L, Ye X, Yin G, Xie Y, Mao Y (2003) Cloning and sequence analysis of the human cDNA encoding the synaptoporin, a highly conserved synaptic vesicle protein. Molecular Biology Reports 30:185-191.
- 2: Singec I, Knoth R, Ditter M, Hagemeyer CE, Rosenbrock H, Frotscher M, Volk B (2002) Synaptic vesicle protein synaptoporin is differently expressed by subpopulations of mouse hippocampal neurons. J Comp Neurol 452(2):139-153.
- 3: Grabs D, Bergmann M, Schuster T, Fox PA, Brich M, Gratz M (1994) Differential expression of synaptophysin and synaptoporin during pre- and postnatal development of the rat hippocampal network. Eur J Neurosci. 6(11): 1765-71..
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-192
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin