- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Native protein purified from bovine brain
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 78
- PURIFICATION: Neat Serum
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Synapsin antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SYN1
- Protein Accession Number: P17599
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1351166
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 281510
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Synapsin I plays a key role in synaptic plasticity in the brain (Feng et al.,2002; Nayak et al., 1996). This effect is due in large part to the ability of the synapsins to regulatethe availability of synaptic vesicles for release. In addition to its role in plasticity, the expression ofsynapsin I is a precise indicator of synapse formation (Moore and Bernstein, 1989; Stone et al.,1994). Thus, Synapsin I immunocytochemistry provides a valuable tool for the study ofsynaptogenesis. The role of synapsin in synaptic plasticity and in synaptogensis is regulated byphosphorylation (Jovanovic et al., 2001; Kao et al., 2002).
- 1: Feng J, Chi P, Blanpied TA, Xu YM, Magarinos AM, Ferreira A, Takahashi RH, Kao HT, McEwen BS, Ryan TA,Augustine GJ, Greengard P (2002) Regulation of neurotransmitter release by synapsin III. J Neurosci 22:4372-4380.
- 2: Jovanovic JN, Sihra TS, Nairn AC, Hemmings HC, Jr., Greengard P, Czernik AJ (2001) Opposing changes inphosphorylation of specific sites in synapsin I during Ca2+-dependent glutamate release in isolated nerveterminals. J Neurosci 21:7944-7953.
- 3: Kao HT, Song HJ, Porton B, Ming GL, Hoh J, Abraham M, Czernik AJ, Pieribone VA, Poo MM, Greengard P (2002) Aprotein kinase A-dependent molecular switch in synapsins regulates neurite outgrowth. Nature Neurosci 5:431-437.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-191
- Size: .05 mL
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin