- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Purified recombinant GST fusion protein encoding N-terminal of human SUV39H1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 48 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SUV39H1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SUV39H1, Histone H3-K9 methyltransferase 1, H3-K9-HMTase 1, Lysine N-methyltransferase 1A, Position-effect variegation 3-9 homolog, Suppressor of variegation 3-9 homolog 1, Su(var)3-9 homolog 1, SUV39H1, KMT1A, SUV39H
- Protein Accession Number: O43463
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6839
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Similar to acetylation and phosphorylation, histone methylation at the N-terminal tail has emerged as an important role in regulating chromatin dynamics and gene activity. Histone methylation occurs on arginine and lysine residues and is catalyzed by two families of proteins, the protein arginine methyltransferase family and the SET-domain-containing methyltransferase family. Five members have been identified in the arginine methyltransferase family. About 27 are grouped into the SET-domain family, and another 17 make up the PR domain family that is related to the SET domain family. The retinoblastoma protein-interacting zinc finger geneRIZ1 is a tumor suppressor gene and a FOUNDING member of the PR domain family. RIZ1 inactivation is commonly found in many types of human cancers and occurs through loss of mRNA expression, frame shift mutation, chromosomal deletion, and missense mutation. RIZ1 is also a tumor susceptibility gene in mice. The loss of RIZ1 mRNA in human cancers was shown to associate with DNA methylation of its promoter CpG island. Methylation of the RIZ1 promoter strongly correlated with lost or decreased RIZ1 mRNA expression in breast, liver, colon, and lung cancer cell lines as well as in liver cancer tissues.
- 1: Fujita, N., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 278(26):24132-24138 (2003). Macaluso, M., et al., Oncogene 22(23):3511-3517 (2003). Schotta, G., et al., EMBO J. 21(5):1121-1131 (2002). Vaute, O., et al., Nucleic Acids Res. 30(2):475-481 (2002). Rea, S., et al., Nature 406(6796):593-599 (2000).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-109
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.