- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (100%), Bovine: (100%), Chicken: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Sumo antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human sumo.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of Sumo.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Sumo antibody can be used for detection of sumo by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1209 - HL60 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-009 - HL-60 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Sumo Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Sumo Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Sumo antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SUMO1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Sumo Antibody: DAP1, GMP1, PIC1, SMT3, UBL1, OFC10, SENP2, SMT3C, SMT3H3, OK/SW-cl.43, Small ubiquitin-related modifier 1, GAP-modifying protein 1, SUMO-1
- Protein Accession Number: AAH66306
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 42490984
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7341
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Sumo Antibody: The sumo family of proteins is related both structurally and functionally to ubiquitin in that they are post-translationally attached to the e-amino group of a lysine residue of the substrate protein. This sumoylation plays a number of roles in DNA replication and repair, protein targeting to various subnuclear structures, and the regulation of numerous cellular processes including the inflammatory response in mammalian cells. Sumo was initially identified as a covalent modification of RanGAP1 in studies on nuclear import in mammalian cells. More recently, sumo has been shown to be involved in the regulation of transcription factors, possibly by enhancing their interactions with co-repressors. Sumo is also thought to play some role in the modulation of ubiquitin-mediated degradation of proteins by acting as an inhibitor. At least four different isoforms of sumo are known to exist; Sumo antibody will only recognize isoform 1.
- 1: Dohmen RJ. Sumo protein modification. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2004; 1695:113-31.
- 2: Matunis MJ, Coutavas E, and Blobel G. A novel ubiquitin-like modification modulates the partitioning of the Ran-GTPase-activating protein RanGAP1 between the cytosol and the nuclear pore complex. J. Cell Biol. 1996; 135:1457-70.
- 3: Gill G. Something about SUMO inhibits transcription. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2005; 15:536-41.
- 4: Desterro JM, Rodriguez MS, and Hay RT. SUMO-1 modification of IkappaBalpha inhibits NFkappaB activation. Mol. Cell 1998; 2:233-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3969
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin