- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Tag
- IMMUNOGEN: StrepII-tag antibody was raised against the amino acid sequence "gggWSHPQFEK".
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: StrepII-tag antibody can be used for the detection of StrepII by Western blot at 0.25 μg/mL.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 100 kDa
Observed: 95 kDa
- PURIFICATION: StrepII-tag Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: StrepII-tag Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: StrepII-tag antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: StrepII-tag Antibody:
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- StrepII-tag Antibody: Streptavidin is a tetrameric protein purified from Streptomyces avidinii. It has wide use in numerous molecular biological protocols dues to its strong affinity for biotin. The original Strep-tag is a nine amino acid peptide with high specificity and affinity towards streptavidin. The addition of this tag to the C-terminus of recombinant proteins allowed the simple purification of protein by use of affinity columns. It was re-engineered to allow it to also placed at the N-terminus of recombinant proteins.
- 1: Schmidt TGM and Skerra A. The random peptide-assisted engineering of a C-terminal affinity peptide, useful for the detection and purification of a functional Ig Fv fragment. Protein Eng.1993; 6:109-22.
- 2: Schmidt TGM, Koepe J, Frank R, et al. Molecular interactions between the Strep-tag affinity peptide and its cognate target, streptavidin. J. Mol. Biol.1996; 255:753-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4217
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.