- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: STOX1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human STOX1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 870 - 920 of STOX1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: STOX1 antibody can be used for detection of STOX1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: STOX1 antibody is human reactive. At least three alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been observed. STOX1 antibody recognize the two longest isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: STOX1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: STOX1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: STOX1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STOX1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: STOX1 Antibody: PEE4, C10orf24, Storkhead-box protein 1, Winged-helix domain-containing protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_689922
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 63025200
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 219736
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- STOX1 Antibody: STOX1 (Storkhead box 1), also known as PEE4 or C10orf24, is a winged-helix domain containing transcription factor believed to play a role in the differentiation of stem cells. As a DNA-binding protein, STOX1 exists as three alternatively spliced isoforms, designated A, B and C, all of which localize to either the cytoplasm or the nucleus. Defects in STOX1 are the cause of pre-eclampsia/eclampsia 4 (PEE4), also known as gestational proteinuric hypertension. STOX1 was also found to be functionally involved in late-onset Alzheimer's disease.
- 1: Van Dijk M, van Bezu J, Chim SS, et al. Maternal segregation of the Dutch preeclampsia locus at 10q22 with a new member of the winged helix gene family. Nat. Genet. 2005; 37:514-9.
- 2: Kivinen K, Peterson H, Hiltunen L, et al. Evaluation of STOX1 as a preeclampsia candidate gene in a population-wide sample. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2007;15:494-7.
- 3: Van Dijk M, van Bezu J, van Abel D, et al. The STOX1 genotype associated with pre-eclampsia leads to a reduction of trophoblast invasion by alpha-T-catenin upregulation. Hum Mol. Genet. 2010; 19:2658-67.
- 4: Van Abel D, Hölzel DR, Jain S, et al. SFRS7-mediated splicing of tau exon 10 is directly regulated by STOX1A in glial cells. PLoS One 2011; 6 :e21994.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6901
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin